Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Power of The Mind


I recently started running again. I used to run all the time, but for whatever reason I stopped. After I stopped I would come up with excuses to not go. My favorite was that I did not have enought time...and this was true...so it was an easy excuse to use.
So I had not gone for a run in over a year.
A few weeks ago I strapped on my running shoes and decided to go. It was my first attempt in a very long time and I expected to do a run/walk combination for a couple of kilometres, seeing as I was so out of shape.
I began the run along my old familiar route. It was gruelling. My body was screaming at me to stop and go for a nice walk instead. But I kept going. I played games with myself I would tell myself 'just get to the tree and then stop and walk..or just to the mailbox and then I'll walk there.'
Before I knew it I had been running for a kilometre. Once I hit the 1.5km mark something happenned. I had quiet. I had space. I started feeling good..really good. My body stopped complaining. My mind stopped trying to talk me out of it. I was free! I kept on going. I fully expected to stop at any time. I was waiting for my body to let me know when that time was...but it kept going. I ended up, to my surprise, running the whole 7km, out of shape, and in good time. How did this happen? Logically it should not have been possible given the shape I was in. But I did it. I did it because my mind knew I had run that route before. It had already conquered it. And wherever the mind goes, the body must follow. This is true in all aspects of our life. If we are not in strong alignment with our goals, we will never achieve them.
I have experienced this recently with the running and with a cleansing diet I am on that requires me to abstain from coffee, sugar, wheat, yeast, gluten, fruit...basically anything tasty. Thankfully it is short term. : ) I had to have my mind in alignment with my goals to make it work. I had tried to cut back on certain things for months to no avail. My point being, I had to get focused and make a decision and once I did, my body followed.
This is true in every situation in life. If you are not seeing the results you would like to see, you need to become strong in your mind, in your focus first. Sometimes we do not see the results in our life simply because what we 'think' we would like..deep down we do not want...therefore our mind cannot be strong with it. You do need to want it, to have that passion, your heart needs to be in alignment with it also.
My challenge to everyone this week is to revisit your goals and get strong with them. Be a warrior. Destroy doubt, destroy excuses, and lack and failure and victimization and get strong and serious with your dreams. These are Your Dreams!!!! If you do not make them happen, no one will do it for you. And always remember, where the mind goes, the body must follow. If your body is not co-operating, you need to tune up that central computer that is running the show (your mind).

No comments: