Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Angel At The Drive Thru

I had a wonderful unexpected surprise this afternoon.
To put this story in perspective I have to confess that I have had probably one of the most hectic weeks I have had in a long time. As a practitioner who counsels others on how to 'keep it all together' in times of chaos..I have found this week I have had to a lot of my own advice.
Great and wonderful things are happenning..it is just at such a fast pace I feel like I have been going nonstop for 3 days and am craving down time.
I was going through a Tim Hortons drive thru, not being present, my mind going over the massive 'To do' list for today.
I was on complete autopilot. My kids were with me and I mindlessly ordered them a treat along with my treat.
Then I rolled on up to the cash and was told the person in front paid for my order.
What?!!
Everything stopped.
I was snapped right out of my autopilot(busy mind-self centred-managing my life) state into on of Surprise, Joy and Extreme Gratitude. It was not until I was snapped out of the mind program I had been running that I realized that I was even stuck in a mind program. It was the sheer unexpectedness of it all. This gift was under $5 and yet it was as though the lady who had been in front of me gave me the gift of a lifetime.
Never Ever underestimate the power of a kind word, an unexpected gift or the simple act of being present with someone brings.
I KNOW there are angels among us. And truly believe many of those angels are us, that we often adopt the role of 'Angel' to help those in need, or just by being in the right place at the right time.
I would like to thank this mystery angel, who in a single act of unexpected kindness, reminded me of how something seemingly small means absolutely Everything.
Thank you!
Have a beautiful 'unexpected' day!
Kerri

No comments: